HELP! I need some advice!

safarichick101

Songster
10 Years
Sep 1, 2009
College Station TX
Okay. So I want quality birds but not excess quality males. I hate to cull so I don't think hatching my own eggs is the way to go but it seems like the good breeders only sell hatching eggs which is fine its just I don't know what to do about the males because my land is limited and noise is of issue. I can only take so many roosters. Does anyone have any solutions?

You might consider ordering day old chicks from a hatchery, in this way you order what you want. I ordered 3x last year from a hatchery and got all pullets like I ordered.

Sorry, for quality breeds it is best to go through a breeder not a hatchery and most breeders don't sex their chicks even if they do sell day old chicks. Learn to cull or find a friend that will do the deed or one that needs a couple roos of the breed you are looking at. I feel for you because I am in the same boat. Can't have roos 'cause I live in the middle of the city and I'm expecting some ameraucanas (straight run) in spring. Just hoping I can find homes for the roos before they start crowing!

You could buy pullets/hens (5 months old or older) from a breeder.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom