Help in Arizona

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Desertridingal, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Desertridingal

Desertridingal Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2008
    Hi,
    I have posted about my chicken in need of the crop surgery. I am looking for someone near queen creek arizona that would be willing to do this surgery with me. Anyone out there near me that has done this before?

Thank you!

2. ChickenTender63

ChickenTender63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    I sure wish I was close by, I would be happy to help you with it. I hope you find someone!

[​IMG]

3. Bandana

Bandana Chillin' With My Peeps

I've never done that kind of surgery. Wish I could help. [​IMG]

4. Desertridingal

Desertridingal Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2008
    Chicken tender ...can you give me any advise?

I am wondering this....I think there is a possibility that the crop ruptured and may be leaking food out...if that is the case, when I cut her open the food will be outside the crop....so...after opening the crop, and getting the material out...should I sew the crop back up? The lady that put up that very good example said she did not sew the crop...I am confused by that. Will it grow back together on its own? And if that is the case, maybe the rupture isnt growing back right??? I dont know what is going on...all I know is she is not able to get the food out of her crop and into her digestive tract.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:mad:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:eek:[​IMG][​IMG]:mad:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by