HELP!! Incubating hatched ducks and eggs

katiee

Hatching
Nov 13, 2022
I have two duck baby ducks that hatched this morning just a few hours apart. I have three eggs in the incubator and two of them have pipped (one yesterday and one today).

The two that hatched this morning is being pretty “rowdy” in the incubator. The incubator isn’t that big to start with (brinsea mini advance). The two babies are scrambling around in the incubator trying to cuddle, get comfortable, not sure but they are knocking around the eggs and laying on top of them and then kicking off of them and trying to to lay on top of each other to cuddle but it’s just not working out for them apparently. But they are knocking around the other eggs, kicking, laying on them, and I’m afraid they will do harm or lay on top of the external pip and the duck can’t breathe.

What can I do? Do I do anything? I don’t have another incubator to separate them from the eggs. Is there anything I can do?

I tried to post two videos for example, but it only gives me the option to attach pictures only. So maybe the pictures will give some sort of idea. It seems to be aggressive to the other eggs by them hitting them against the side, kicking, laying, and just scrambling around like crazy. They are constantly just running, scooting in a circle and the ones in the eggs are chirping pretty loud every now and then, too.

Attachments

• 79914B68-FE48-4C05-A8CD-78CAB0A14D3F.jpeg
    79914B68-FE48-4C05-A8CD-78CAB0A14D3F.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 4DC14621-5EBB-441F-BDA1-A50297783EBC.jpeg
    4DC14621-5EBB-441F-BDA1-A50297783EBC.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 4333D281-47A6-4F4E-B8D4-3E1E51286946.jpeg
    4333D281-47A6-4F4E-B8D4-3E1E51286946.jpeg
    414.1 KB · Views: 9
  • FF2E41A6-EF94-4F74-9225-5F64EF9DA5C3.jpeg
    FF2E41A6-EF94-4F74-9225-5F64EF9DA5C3.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 21D1F174-8B89-4CFE-BB4D-4B12EF7BBEA0.jpeg
    21D1F174-8B89-4CFE-BB4D-4B12EF7BBEA0.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 64117BF3-FB27-4C60-B0EF-F83893A69307.jpeg
    64117BF3-FB27-4C60-B0EF-F83893A69307.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 8
I have two duck baby ducks that hatched this morning just a few hours apart. I have three eggs in the incubator and two of them have pipped (one yesterday and one today).

The two that hatched this morning is being pretty “rowdy” in the incubator. The incubator isn’t that big to start with (brinsea mini advance). The two babies are scrambling around in the incubator trying to cuddle, get comfortable, not sure but they are knocking around the eggs and laying on top of them and then kicking off of them and trying to to lay on top of each other to cuddle but it’s just not working out for them apparently. But they are knocking around the other eggs, kicking, laying on them, and I’m afraid they will do harm or lay on top of the external pip and the duck can’t breathe.

What can I do? Do I do anything? I don’t have another incubator to separate them from the eggs. Is there anything I can do?

I tried to post two videos for example, but it only gives me the option to attach pictures only. So maybe the pictures will give some sort of idea. It seems to be aggressive to the other eggs by them hitting them against the side, kicking, laying, and just scrambling around like crazy. They are constantly just running, scooting in a circle and the ones in the eggs are chirping pretty loud every now and then, too.
How many hours ago did they hatch? It's normal for them to tumble about the incubator, but if you're worried, you can bring them out, since they dont have much room in there. If they hatched over an hour ago, feel them, check they are mostly dry, if so, you can put them in the brooder

How many hours ago did they hatch? It's normal for them to tumble about the incubator, but if you're worried, you can bring them out, since they dont have much room in there. If they hatched over an hour ago, feel them, check they are mostly dry, if so, you can put them in the brooder
I’m going to say it’s probably been around 5-6 hours +/-. They were still a little wet when I checked on them. I have a heat lamp shining down into a big bin that I have the other older ducklings in. Would the heat lamp provide enough heat for them? It’s probably not 95*F in the bin but it’s warm. Not sure what the specific temp should be minimum after coming out of the incubator. My other ducks are warm and happy so maybe it’s good enough for the younger ones 🤷🏼‍♀️

What is your plan for the ducklings once they all hatch? That is where you should put them if it is to crowded in the incubator (it is normal for those who have hatched to bump and push the other eggs).

I’m going to say it’s probably been around 5-6 hours +/-. They were still a little wet when I checked on them. I have a heat lamp shining down into a big bin that I have the other older ducklings in. Would the heat lamp provide enough heat for them? It’s probably not 95*F in the bin but it’s warm. Not sure what the specific temp should be minimum after coming out of the incubator. My other ducks are warm and happy so maybe it’s good enough for the younger ones 🤷🏼‍♀️
How much older are the other ducklings?

What is your plan for the ducklings once they all hatch? That is where you should put them if it is to crowded in the incubator (it is normal for those who have hatched to bump and push the other eggs).
I have a big bin with a heat lamp

Back
Top Bottom