Help. Injured duckling

wbookmyer

Songster
6 Years
Mar 5, 2013
Montana, United States
Help!!! One of my ducklings jumped out of the sink and landed on the floor. There are no vets in my area that treat ducks. She’s flipping over on her side a spinning in circles. I’m afraid there’s a back injury but she’s moving all parts of her body. Has anyone had something like this happen? I have her wrapped in a towel and she’s resting comfortably. I’m in tears!!! These are my babies. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated!!!

Poor little thing hopefully after a few days she'll be back to normal. Do you have any poultry vitamins for some extra support? You can also make her a donut out of a towel and place her down into it put food and water close so she can eat and drink just don't let her accidently get into any water right now she could drown. How is her eyes looking compared to one of her sibs? Dilated one worse than the other both normal?

Time to upgrade to the bath tub too. :hugs

I'd pick up the B complex and Nutri drench for poultry the B complex will be in the cattle section and say injectable but we use it orally. Once you get that give it over peas smashed or dried meal worms just enough for gobbling up quick it is good for all your ducklings.
Sounds like she will be fine it's just going to take some time :fl

Back
Top Bottom