Help is this a egg still alive?

faengelic

Hatching
May 17, 2022
hello i found a peafowl egg that was a pretty cold and immediately brought it back to my home to heat it up. i did the water test and it floats and the air sac seems quite large for for its age which i estimate to be about 1-3 days old. does anyone think it has a chance of being alive?
43E40695-C833-456B-A0CE-FF388FB47816.jpeg

Can you candle in a dark room? Was one of your hens broody?
Sorry i’m a complete newb at this. I have no experience in egg hatching. I found this egg at a park that has a few peafowl wandering around. This candling technique was the best I could do with what I have. No matter how dark the room is I still only just see the air cell.

Sorry i’m a complete newb at this. I have no experience in egg hatching. I found this egg at a park that has a few peafowl wandering around. This candling technique was the best I could do with what I have. No matter how dark the room is I still only just see the air cell.
Hmm, I don't have peas so I'm not experienced here. @casportpony you're the only pea person of the top of my head.

If you go in a pitch black room and candle (maybe a bathroom?) can you see any movement? Considering how full it is, it'd be close to hatching date (it takes around 30 days for peafowl). I'd keep it and see what happens.

Do you have an incubator?

hello i found a peafowl egg that was a pretty cold and immediately brought it back to my home to heat it up. i did the water test and it floats and the air sac seems quite large for for its age which i estimate to be about 1-3 days old. does anyone think it has a chance of being alive? View attachment 3112074
Update: THE EGG WAS NOT 1-3 days old but is more mature and thus why the air cell is large.

Back
Top Bottom