Pure orpingtons or not?

• Pure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
May 16, 2017
The roos have a little yellow on their wings, im not really sure if its pure orps

Attachments

• orp.jpg
    orp.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 17
They are certainly not Orpingtons. Not with those large white earlobes and body type. They look to be a of mix with some sort of Mediterranean breed(s) with the earlobe color, large comb and wattles. The red and gold you see in the wings is color leakage.

They are certainly not Orpingtons. Not with those large white earlobes and body type. They look to be a of mix with some sort of Mediterranean breed(s) with the earlobe color, large comb and wattles. The red and gold you see in the wings is color leakage.
Well, i just bought some chicks from that breeder so that cant be helped. haha. Im just gonna love my chickens, but do you think they will lay brown eggs?

Well, i just bought some chicks from that breeder so that cant be helped. haha. Im just gonna love my chickens, but do you think they will lay brown eggs?

Are the hens from the same mix? Do they all have white earlobes too? If so then most likely they will lay white eggs. If some have red earlobes you may get brown eggs from them.

Back
Top Bottom