Help! Lethargic Seabright! Emergency!

TwinsLoveChicks

Songster
Mar 10, 2016
At the coop
My Coop
My Coop
I have a sick seabright hen that I found when I went out to lock up for the night. She's been eating and drinking all today and breathing fine, but now she's breathing heavily, and she's pretty lethargic. I have her under a heat lamp with food and water, but I'm not sure what else I can do. Please help!
Thanks!
-TwinsLoveChicks

How old is she? Does she seem to be cold? Is there any fullness in her lower belly, or in her crop? Does she have any nasal or eye discharge? Has there been any mold or wet conditions in the coop? Is she drinking any of the fluids or eating?

Quote:
I'm not sure about her age....maybe 3 to 4 months. No, she's not acting cold. There's no fullness in her lower belly, but her crop has food in it. She has a bit of a runny nose. Yes, it's been raining consistantly for about 4 days, and it's pretty muddy. She is eating and drinking. She's also breathing heavily and gasping.

Anyone? She's still alive this morning, but she's worse. She's no longer breathing heavily, but I don't think that it's a good thing, and she's not eating or drinking anymore. I don't know what to do! Please help!!!

Last edited:
No, it's not that. She's one of the 10 new birds I picked up a while ago. Don't worry, none of the original flock has come in contact with her. I'm sorry, but I have to go now. Thank you for all the help!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom