Help! Light Brahma pullet sick again, bloody poop and limping. What should I do?

MelissaRose

R.I.P. Lissie
6 Years
Apr 15, 2018
Maine
Hello,
I have a pullet who was sick about a week ago. I treated her with corid and SafeGuard and she seemed to recover so I put her back with her flock. This morning she has a bad limp in her right leg. There is no obvious injuries - swelling, blood etc. I cant tell what part of her leg is hurting, I have gently felt her leg and she doesn't seem to react to any part being touched. She doesn't want to set her foot down and when she walks she touches her toes down quick to move her other foot and lifts them up pretty fast. She can get around but it obviously hurts. She eats and drinks. I have her separated from her flock.

She had a pretty big poop that was mostly blood. Like I said I treated her with corid and safe guard. I was supposed to repeat the safe guard in ten days but I was busy and forgot. I should have given it to her on the 21st and 22nd. Today is the 23rd and I gave her some this morning after I realized her poop was mostly blood. Should I do it again tomorrow and then in ten days?

Is there anything else I can do for her? She is a Light Brahma and shes 5-6 months old. I can post pictures of her poop and her in a little bit.

Thanks in advance,

MelissaRose

How much Corid did you use and for how long when you used it?

You so have liquid Corid correct?

She may have the coccidia that Corid doesn't work on.
Is a vet an option for stinger meds?
Yes, liquid Corid.

I don't know. Do you know how much that might cost? Is there something else I could get somewhere other than the vet?

She's still alive this morning. She had some bloody poops last night. She's not super excited about food this morning but her crop is full so maybe she already ate. Should I put her on Corid again? It's possible she just went back and picked it up again.

She's still alive this morning. She had some bloody poops last night. She's not super excited about food this morning but her crop is full so maybe she already ate. Should I put her on Corid again? It's possible she just went back and picked it up again.
Yes...start it immediately.

Back
Top Bottom