Aug 7, 2018
Northern Va
I'm looking for an incubator to hatch duck eggs and hope to get it soon. I am going to list my requirements below and would love some input!!!

• $100-$130
  • Holds 6+ eggs but I'd love a bigger one
  • Works well/has good reviews
  • Has trays for duck eggs
  • CAN BE PURCHASED ON AMAZON
  • Is easy to manage/clean/ doesn't require extra expensive pieces
THANKS SO MUCH :D

HovaBator. My preference is the 1602n model with fan and yellow rack turner. I also use two dial meat thermometers to read the temperature and humidity. You could also get one of the digital HovaBators, but I just don't prefer digital.

If you decide to get a 1602n with a wafer (not digital) send me a private message and I can walk you through setting it up and burning it in.

HovaBator. My preference is the 1602n model with fan and yellow rack turner. I also use two dial meat thermometers to read the temperature and humidity. You could also get one of the digital HovaBators, but I just don't prefer digital.

If you decide to get a 1602n with a wafer (not digital) send me a private message and I can walk you through setting it up and burning it in.

exact same one I had. Its great for people who do not like everything digital and automated. Although with the egg turner that is automated. I ordered mine without the fan and had to buy a fan kit. No one incubator is going to be perfect for everyone. So I can only say the Hovabator 1602n seems perfect or @Mosey and I. You might prefer something far more automated and digital.

exact same one I had. Its great for people who do not like everything digital and automated. Although with the egg turner that is automated. I ordered mine without the fan and had to buy a fan kit. No one incubator is going to be perfect for everyone. So I can only say the Hovabator 1602n seems perfect or @Mosey and I. You might prefer something far more automated and digital.
It's not automation that really bothers me, but electric/digital parts. I just don't like the idea of relying on them when they're going to be exposed to a humid environment for 21 days at a time. I don't trust them as much as I do the wafer. It IS a little more work to set up well in the beginning, but I've ran and calibrated mine enough that it's a rock solid "plug and play" for me, and I'd be sad to see it go.

It's not automation that really bothers me, but electric/digital parts. I just don't like the idea of relying on them when they're going to be exposed to a humid environment for 21 days at a time. I don't trust them as much as I do the wafer. It IS a little more work to set up well in the beginning, but I've ran and calibrated mine enough that it's a rock solid "plug and play" for me, and I'd be sad to see it go.
yes there is a bit of work and frustration before you figure out the wafer, and for me a few failed hatches (my fault for being stubborn with it) but once I had it figured it out I trust it to be more reliable than electronics. My experience with Electronics is that its always built to fail so you buy another. Not sure if that is true but it sure feels that way. And dealing with a product that requires high humidity... yep I can see why the problem is going to be more likely to happen. I am so glad when I blindly just picked an Incubator I am glad I bought the one I did.

My biggest problem was not having properly calibrated thermometers, I was only calibrating cold instead of boiling too. Once I knew for sure what the actual temperature was, it wasn't hard to dial it in a quarter turn at a time.

Back
Top Bottom