Help me plan a Super Swap

Yep, that's how it works
smile.png

Last edited:
so I just watch for something I want, I speak up and say I want that, and I am offering a big stack of books or a box of Hallmark ornaments...then I wait to see who wants those, and I ship them out to that person? Cool...sounds like fun...or mass confusion...or a bit of both! lol And I can jump in more than once...I can do like the books and a box of ornaments and something else?
Should we ask ahead of time if there are things that people are interested in? I wish I had known in time to root my Grandmother's old fashioned coleus...I cannot find it for sale anywhere. It's an old variety she and her sisters had from when they were kids. I inherited it and keep them by keeping cuttings over the winter. I have tons of hydrangeas I could root as well. Maybe next swap. I'll see what books and ornaments and stuff I have now as well. Don't suppose people would be interested in handmade pottery bowls? Oh! And I have a big stack of those lithographs Disney gives away from back in the 80s-90s.

Quote:
There are posts asking if anyone would be interested in things someone has, and some people wait until the actual swap to ask. You are correct on our first 2 questions
smile.png

OK, I'm getting the idea, but one last question...whta is the difference in this swap thread and the current "Whatcha Got Swap...Plants, Eggs, Or...."

Quote:
With this one, we will all be here at the same time and there will be a 15 minute time limit to take items offered instead of 12 hours.

Quote:
what hydrangea cuttings do u have? like color or name of them? i'd be interested in unrooted ones since i'm teaching myself how to root things.
smile.png

difference is instead of waiting for 12 hours for an offer to expire it is only 15 min for this one. the other difference is we all r here at once those of us that can be instead of speratic so much and it all happens till everyone goes to bed then this swap is over. the other one is continuous(sp).

it can get confuseing so if u do several jump ins keep a list of who u r sending and recieveing to. if u take someones offer send ur addy right away so u don't get lost in the shuffle and put please send such and such to so they know what it is for.

My hydrangeas are the ones my Grandmother planted here 50 some odd years ago and their progeny that I have rooted. They are blue in my soil, but will bloom pink in alkaline soil. My guess would be that they are Annabelle. They are the old fashioned mophead variety that people think of when they picture hydrangeas. I also have the oak leaf hydrangea that I could pull up small rooted sections of. I'll try to get some pics taken.

they would be different than mine.
smile.png
i have a varigated that flowers purple flowers different(have to look at tag for name), a nikko blue mophead one and a pink mophead one can't think of name off hand. the pink dh i think killed but i'm hopeing comes back again next year since roots r still there. would love to see pics!

Quote:
Ohhh, a new swapper! Woohoo! We snagged another! Sounds like you have some great swap items! Hand made pottery?? Plants?? Lithographs!?? Sounds like great items. If you can, upload pics....it helps people want them more! LOL

As long as I get all the swaps I am waiting on I'll be offering items in this swap. Right now I am waiting on 5 things from various swaps. Hope they get here soon
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom