Help me select a breed

So these non tufted birds produce non tufted offspring or the chicks might be tufted?
Sorry for the too many questions.
In Greece there are the tufted ones.
Correct, the non-tufted chickens should produce non-tufted offspring.

Genetics and breeding outcomes:

Tufted bird has 1 tuft gene and one not-tufted gene. It can give tufts or not-tufts to each chick.

Non-tufted bird has two genes for not-tufted, and that is what it gives to every chick.

Dead bird has 2 tuft genes (one from each parent.)

If you breed non-tufted birds together, chicks should all be non-tufted.

If you breed a tufted bird to a not-tufted bird, about 1/2 of chicks get tufts, 1/2 do not get tufts, no birds die.

If you breed a tufted bird to a tufted bird, about 1/2 of chicks get tufts (tufted gene from one parent, not-tufted gene from the other parent). About 1/4 of chicks get no tufts (not-tufted gene from each parent.) About 1/4 of chicks die (tufted gene from each parent makes 2 tufted genes, which is lethal.)

Thank you all for your answers!
I think i am gonna get non tufted Araucanas of different colors from different breeders.
If i crossbreed them with dominiques what offspring will they produce?
Easter eggers?
What color pattern will they have?

Thank you all for your answers!
I think i am gonna get non tufted Araucanas of different colors from different breeders.
If i crossbreed them with dominiques what offspring will they produce?
Easter eggers?
What color pattern will they have?
Mostly black and barred green eggers, maybe some leakage of other colors or blues as well. It’s important to remember that barring is sexlinked so a solid rooster x barred hen produces barred male offspring and solid female offspring while a barred rooster x solid hen produces all barred offspring.

Nice!
Maybe i will get dominique roosters so every chick is barred.
Will they keep the different colors of their mothers or they will be black barred?

Great foragers, very cold tolerant, my lady does lay one big tan egg every single day.
Don't know about broodies, but when she wants she can tell the other chickas to back OFF!!
The aussie hens go broody
and they will wait for 4 months for there “ chicks “ to hatch.
Very good moms

Back
Top Bottom