HELP! multiple injured quail!

Lennon.ch

In the Brooder
Nov 27, 2017
Hi, I've had four quail for about 6 months now (2 Japanese and 2 Italian) and about a week ago i found one injured (Italian), it was injured on its left shoulder and to be honest it looked like it had its neck hanging out. I've put some disinfectant on it and put the bird into isolation. Anyway, it's healing nicely now and I thought about putting her back in a couple days. But I've just found another one (Japanese this time) with exactly the same injury, left shoulder, looks like neck is about to fall out etc. What could it be causing it?

Hi, I've had four quail for about 6 months now (2 Japanese and 2 Italian) and about a week ago i found one injured (Italian), it was injured on its left shoulder and to be honest it looked like it had its neck hanging out. I've put some disinfectant on it and put the bird into isolation. Anyway, it's healing nicely now and I thought about putting her back in a couple days. But I've just found another one (Japanese this time) with exactly the same injury, left shoulder, looks like neck is about to fall out etc. What could it be causing it?
One of your birds attacking the others or a predator visit seem like the two mist likely culprits. Space becomes more of an issue with maturity. How much are they in? Are they all the same gender? What type of enclosure? Can you post a pic of the wound?

Hope you get some answers. :fl

Back
Top Bottom