Help my babies

Halgal

Hatching
Mar 5, 2019
okay so I had a hen setting and she’s been setting for awhile and it’s quite cold outside and my hen kept getting off her nest because the rooster was messing with her and the eggs kept getting cold and So I moved her into a cage with a light on her by herself and she won’t set on the eggs and they’re getting cold I really don’t want my babies to die. Please help

Like a heat lamp light? Shes probably overheating and trying to get away. Do you have an incubator? That would probably be your best option at this point, she may have given up on the nest from all her interruptions lately.
I have no idea its really really cold out and I don’t have an incubator but she’s still outside so it’s still chilly in our sunroom

The mom chicken will not be cold don’t worry and if you have a heat lamp on her she will overheat and try to get away and not sit on the eggs. And don’t worry about eggs of it is cold out—as long as she is sitting on the eggs she will heat the eggs up and keep the really really warm.

If you have a incubator I suggest you put them in there or if you have a heat lamp you can use that.

okay so I had a hen setting and she’s been setting for awhile and it’s quite cold outside and my hen kept getting off her nest because the rooster was messing with her and the eggs kept getting cold and So I moved her into a cage with a light on her by herself and she won’t set on the eggs and they’re getting cold I really don’t want my babies to die. Please help
Moving her upset her and the light be be too warm....I'd put her back and put some wire around so the rooster doesn't bother her.....or move the rooster into a separate enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom