Help! My chick has a broken leg!

Unless you know how to set a broken leg , or have chicken farmers near you (who may know how)I would take her to a vet

x2

Welcome to BYC!
jumpy.gif

images

X3 I would take her to a vet to have the leg set. Shipping birds is hard on them and you do take your chances when you order thru the mail. I am so sorry.

But I do welcome you to BYC and good luck with your new babies!

How old is the chick(en)? Is the leg broken or dislocated? Where is the fracture? She can't walk at all? Are both legs broken?

So sorry! Lots of hatcherys can send you more chicks if the others die in shipment. If you're sure it's broken (the leg) and not just injured, then call the vet. I have a good vet here in texas, I could ask her to find someone in Cal. for you. Real sorry.
sad.png

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us! I'm sorry about your injured Silkie; unfortunately, I don't have experience with broken chicken legs and can't really help.

just one she cant walk, turns out another chick has a broken leg too. Should i take them to the vet? How much would it be?

They wont/cant eat Im feeding them water through an eye dropper. They seem to love that luxury! They just sleep and when i take them out for their daily watering im worried how to feed them. How much would getting 2 chicks legs fixed cost? http://www.bestfriends-animalclinic.com/ thats my main vet. Is this vet okay? I live right down the street so yeah and thank you guys so much!

hi! yea taking them to the vet is best, however its expensive, so if you feel you can do the leg yourself then go for it. but yea since their chicks then its probs best to take them to the vet cuz their also young and not so good if you do it wrong. lovely to know there are other new people out there, what kind of chicks do you have? how old are they?
mine are a mixed variety and they jump on me. in fact my whole flock follow me whenever im out in the yard and think my toes are food. chicks are such joy..
jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom