HELP! My chickens are dying!

kamiller207

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 11, 2013
Hello,

My chickens have been dying this past week, about one every two days. These are six week old broilers and bred for meat only. They are not free range and have an enclosed chicken coup and an enclosed outside pen. I check on them multiple times a day and they all seem to be eating and drinking well. The chickens I found dead before have had no wounds or blood on their mouths or anything. However, the chicken I found today appears to have taken a bloody poop and still had blood on it's rear. Oh, also, the chickens that have died have all had less feathers than the others in the flock. The feathers just have not appeared o grow as fast on their backs.

I don't know if this is a disease or I just got a bad batch. . . ? If anyone has any insight at all I would be so happy to hear it. We are going to get the broilers slaughtered late this week and I wonder if it is even safe to eat them now.

I also have six layers am I am terrified they will catch this "disease" or whatever it is.

Again ANY help or a point in the right direction would be amazing!

Hello,

My chickens have been dying this past week, about one every two days. These are six week old broilers and bred for meat only. They are not free range and have an enclosed chicken coup and an enclosed outside pen. I check on them multiple times a day and they all seem to be eating and drinking well. The chickens I found dead before have had no wounds or blood on their mouths or anything. However, the chicken I found today appears to have taken a bloody poop and still had blood on it's rear. Oh, also, the chickens that have died have all had less feathers than the others in the flock. The feathers just have not appeared o grow as fast on their backs.

I don't know if this is a disease or I just got a bad batch. . . ? If anyone has any insight at all I would be so happy to hear it. We are going to get the broilers slaughtered late this week and I wonder if it is even safe to eat them now.

I also have six layers am I am terrified they will catch this "disease" or whatever it is.

Again ANY help or a point in the right direction would be amazing!

Yes, 4Hgirl is right,treat for cocci. Purchase Corid(amprol). Corid powder dosage is 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. Dosage for Corid liquid is 2 tsp per gallon of water,treat all chicks for 5 days. Do not give vitamins during treatment(interferes with medication)give vitamins after treatment. Make sure medicated water, is the only water they have to drink.

Back
Top Bottom