Help! My DH thinks they're ALIENS! (PICS) (UPDATE!)

Omeletta

Songster
12 Years
Jun 12, 2007
Alberta, Canada
My two Mille Fleur banties are in Jeopardy! Not the show~ My DH says they are Aliens in mini-chick bodies, they look like chickens, they act like chickens, but are NOT real chickens!

His evidence? They don't LAY! Now I tried patiently to explain to My Love, that they might not be ready, and it might not be enough daylight, and whatever else I can think of...BUT now I am starting to doubt! HELP! They are 6 months and 1 Day, plz someone tell me this is normal?! Tell me to be patient, tell me to tell my DH to stop sky gazing, looking for their Alien Craft! They have red faces and combs, been that way for weeks! My coop and run are small, we only have 3 birds...should I get a shovel and start digging...?
barnie.gif
lol

Here are the 2 (beautiful) Imposters...(old pics...so plz don't tell me their combs aren't red yet...)

This is Princess Priscilla
chickens063.jpg

Lady Matilda
chickens078.jpg

And THIS is DH! Now who's the ALIEN?
gig.gif

chickens030.jpg

Post your vote on who's the real Alien...And encourage me that this too shall pass... :aww

Last edited:
After seeing Men in Black a few times, I'd say your DH is the alien, but then looks can be deceiving.

Hang in there, some birds take longer then others to mature and if conditions are not "right" they won't lay until things are right.

Ok Tell DH that I am starting a self help group so all of us DH's can self council ourselves about the abuse that you DW's are dealing to us about the chickens...........at least mine is not posting unflatering pictures of me on the Net............... at least you had the decency to put a mask on the poor guy!
lau.gif

Wait a minute............. I think I saw that picture at the post office this morning!!!

The third picture the others look like aliens to me !

Last edited:
He says they are "imposter" chickens...

here's what they have going against them...(in his books)
1. they are banties, any banty is suspect because of it's size
barnie.gif

2. they are spoiled
hu.gif

3. they don't act like other chickens...(I personally think this is because they had never been near an adult chicken before, and while some things are instinct, alot of good behaviour is lost when not "parented" by a mother hen, or when the flock is small.)
4. And the last straw for him...they aren't laying yet!

I love my babies, but, lol, I think I agree with Him on everything but #1. So call me an Alien Lover, I'm a big girl, I can take it!

~and even though the big galoot (my DH) thinks they are aliens, he's out there often, with 1 on his arm, and the other on his shoulder, sticking his tongue out at them (he thinks they think it's a worm, lol, I guess if he wants his tongue pecked!)~

Back
Top Bottom