Help! My duck vomited and won't eat!

Jazzafrazz

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2019
Please someone help me. I have a 3 year old pekin female that won't eat and move. She vomited a little over an hour ago. We tried going to our regular vet but he suddenly quit. I'm very scared that I'm going to lose her she's never done this before. I gently felt her stomach and she doesn't seem to have an egg inside of her.

Please someone help me. I have a 3 year old pekin female that won't eat and move. She vomited a little over an hour ago. We tried going to our regular vet but he suddenly quit. I'm very scared that I'm going to lose her she's never done this before. I gently felt her stomach and she doesn't seem to have an egg inside of her.
Tagging @WVduckchick
And @Miss Lydia

Welcome to BYC and sorry your duck is sick. Can you take a video, upload it to YouTube or Vimeo, then copy/paste the link here? If you can't do a video, pictures of her would be helpful.

Questions.
  • Do you have here inside where it's warm. If not, can you bring her in.
  • Has she pooped? If so, can you post some pictures of it?
  • When did she lay her last egg?

Welcome to BYC and sorry your duck is sick. Can you take a video, upload it to YouTube or Vimeo, then copy/paste the link here? If you can't do a video, pictures of her would be helpful.

Questions.

She was immediately brought inside at the first sign of illness but her coop is usually a nice 50/60 degrees Fahrenheit.

She pooped a little bit and it was a dark brown. Sadly it was in the pool so it's all mixed up with water.

She last laid an egg about a week ago but that's normal for her.

What does she normally eat? Has she laid an egg recently? Any chance a predator got ahold of her? Did you examine her for any injuries or anything stuck in her throat?

She eats adult duck pellets with romaine lettuce, corn, peas, mealworms, oats.

She laid one last week but that's pretty normal for her.

There is no way anything got ahold of her. Her pen is off the ground and enclosed.

I couldn't find any injuries and I don't feel anything in her throat.

Questions.

Back
Top Bottom