Help! My incubator got switched off for about an hour on day 28!

Allercott farm

Hatching
Apr 7, 2023
This morning, on day 28 of my runner duck eggs incubation the power was off for around an hour. When I noticed, they felt cold (its not an insulated incubator so there was no heat in there). Have they died? :( Or do I still have hope? :)
No pips seen yet either.

Thank you (can't believe I got this far, bad luck) :(

Hello there! I would say the eggs should be just fine. They hold heat for a while, and the mama gets off the nest every few days to do her business and eat and drink. Good luck with your hatch!

Hello! My neighbor once gave me two peafowl eggs that the mom had decided to stop incubating. It had been nearly 24 hours when I received them. I didn’t think they would hatch since they had been out of the heat for so long. I was proven wrong, however, when they both ended up hatching. Your eggs should be fine. :)

We just had an ice storm knock out the power for 24 hours, and when I candled my eggs, all are doing fine. As others have said, momma can and does leave the nest to eat, drink, and... pass HUGE amounts of poop!

Keep an eye on them, listen for internal peeping. If they don't start pipping in the next day or two, candle to see if there is an internal pip.

We're here to help you through this! :)

And :welcome !

Back
Top Bottom