***HELP*** Neck Wound!!!

Here's what another site said:

You'll need to clean the wound with water and a diluted antiseptic solution such as Hibi-scrub. You can use vet wrap to bandage the wounds, although take care not to wrap the bandage too tightly and cut off the circulation.

-------------------
Cuts and wounds can be gently cleaned with a dilute solution of antiseptic such as Savlon or Hydrogen Peroxide 1% or a solution of warm salt water. Don't remove any clots of blood as this can start the bleeding again
------------------

I would be concerned about the seizures, it may indicate there was some neurological damage during the attack. How often is the duck having them, and please describe the fits more specifically? The duck should be placed in an area that is warm/dry/quiet to reduce further stress, you been given some good advice regarding cleaning/tending to the wounds. Is the bird eating/drinking?

We have been, they always come out at the same spot.

As far as I can tell there's a small puncture above his ear, two at the bottom of the bloody area, and a scratch that goes from below the jawbone to the middle of it's mouth a little ways before the beak. (Yes it looks dead in the pictures but it's still alive.) It still can't lift it's head or hold itself up.

Attachments

• 2020-05-14 (1).jpg
    2020-05-14 (1).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 9
  • 2020-05-14.jpeg
    2020-05-14.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 2020-05-14.jpg
    2020-05-14.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 8
I believe there was some serious internal damage to the head and neck, I don't think the prognosis will be good if this bird doesn't get some serious medical help soon.

Back
Top Bottom