***HELP*** Neck Wound!!!

SweetLilDuckies

Chirping
May 6, 2020
I had four 6 week old Indian Runners this morning. I let them out and they went swimming in the creek that runs across the front of our yard. like usual. An hour or so later one of them was in the front yard. They usually are together, so that was the first red flag. I went outside to look for the other ones and one was in the creek with blood on it's neck. We wrapped it in a towel and held it. The other two ducks are nowhere to be seen and haven't come back leading me to believe their gone.
The one with the neck wound can still talk, move it's legs and wings, but can't lift it's head. I put it in a cage inside and within five seconds of releasing it, it had a seizure. I can't afford a vet trip and I don't think it'll survive the night. I don't want it to suffer but I don't want to put it out of it's misery if there's a happy end to it. Help?

Attachments

• IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    370.4 KB · Views: 17
Could have been a dog or fox, or even a cat. I would re-post in the emergencies thread as well, usually people that know about this look through there

Just read this:

Stop bleeding and thoroughly clean wounds by flushing with copious volumes of warm sterile saline solution or 0.05% chlorhexidine. If ducks were bitten, especially from a cat, dog or other carnivore, they should be put on antibiotics immediately

Just read this:

Stop bleeding and thoroughly clean wounds by flushing with copious volumes of warm sterile saline solution or 0.05% chlorhexidine. If ducks were bitten, especially from a cat, dog or other carnivore, they should be put on antibiotics immediately
They will just redirect it back over here.

Back
Top Bottom