help needed with possibly poorly roo

Quote:
gatorade??thats american isnt it,ive managed to dribble a fewtiny drops of waterin him,he just wantsto go to sleep blesshim,but keeps doing that thing n waking himself up.hes tried eating but gave in,put somescrambled egg with mash and poultry spice in it,but not interested,he seems ok in himself,other then sleepy but then he is normally asleep now,xx

Electrolyte solution, if you have any sports drinks on hand that's what gatorade is. I honestly don't know what to tell you. Do the test for gape and then if its negative treat for a respiratory infection with a broad spectrum antibiotic and hope that helps but if its poisoning then you may not be able to help him.

Quote:
if hes ok through the night ill do it when my partner is home from work,what do you do??ive managed to get abit of water into him,he seems to be settling althought he still keeps rearing his head up n opening his mouth,thankyou.must be doing ur head in ,xx

I'm a massage therapist and I have lots of silly animals and kids.observe and report is my motto. Take a deep breath and do the best you can, its all you can do. If he makes it through the night in this order do the test decide results and treat. If it is gape treat the whole flock. If you decide to treat for illness then treat him, sanitize the entire living area for them and then watch very closely for signal of flock infection. If you decide to let it go as poisoning then take measures to prevent it again. Good luck, get some sleep.

hes made it through,seems alittle perkier this morning,but its still making the noise,and slightly wheezing inbetween,x

were at the vets tom,got to ring back first thing.they said even tho hes not eating or drinking,the factthat his eyes and nose arent runny,and that he isnt gasping for breathe depsite sounding like he does he doesnt think its an emergency case.not to be seen today anyway,but if his breathing does become desperate then ring them back,theres a vid on the other post ive put on ov how he was breathing earlier,x

Quote:
i will do.he does seem finish in himself,up and alert.im so badly hoping hes going to be ok,one of my other ones was dping the gaping thing earlier,only a couple of times tho,either way theyre all getting wormed etctom.gonna be an expensive day,xx

Back
Top Bottom