Help! Nuture 360 Incubator ~ Hatching Chicks

Frances L

Chirping
Mar 12, 2022
So imagine the chicks are hatching and hopefully moving around the incubator. You need to remove the dry chicks. How do you safely remove the chicks without having them run off the side of the incubator as you try to catch them, or accidently bumping them out of the incubator? In my mind I keep seeing a popcorn popper and the popcorn chicks going all over the place. Do you put it in a rubbermaid tub for safety? I mean removing the incubator lid is cumbersome at best. Handling the incubator lid and removing chicks? Is it a two person operation? I am totally prepared for my first Nuture 360 hatch, except for this. My incubator is sitting up higher than desk level. Thank you to any kind soul who has the answer.

I made it a 2 person job with me lifting the lid just enough to reach in and holding it up so that I didn't set it on a neck or a toe and my son receiving the chicks into a box -- and scooping up the one that dropped to the floor (from about elbow height), when it popped out with all our hands already occupied.

Chicks, though fragile, can take a remarkably high fall in stride so it was better to let it drop than to drop the lid and crush a chick.

Back
Top Bottom