Help! Only one chick!

pineappleash

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 23, 2013
Our eggs started hatching two days ago and only two hatched. One baby didn't make it so I am left with one chick. What can I do for this only baby. He is eating and drinking but is very lonely. I ended up putting a wash rag in the box last night for him to cuddle with.

I wanted to get a post up so you could see that someone was responding to ya....
Do you have a heat lamp for the fuzzy? You can also make a little tunnel for fuzzy to go inside of for the dark saftey of it. Chicks love polar fleece and it is easy to clean, so you can be generous with it...

I made a surrogate MAMA with a statue of a chicken that I had, covered it in polar fleece and tied it on...they love to go over and under "MAMA" I will look for a picture....

Here are some ideas... This little single chick turned out just fine..LOL
She is 3 years old now.....

Thank you so much for the ideas! He does have a heat light on him and I am going to see if anyone has any new chicks and will let me buy one or two but if not I will find him a surrogate momma.

Our eggs started hatching two days ago and only two hatched. One baby didn't make it so I am left with one chick. What can I do for this only baby. He is eating and drinking but is very lonely. I ended up putting a wash rag in the box last night for him to cuddle with.
where you stay at? I would agree with the rest and get some more chicks to keep her company! its actually quite important for chicks to have company

Back
Top Bottom