Help! Oral antibiotics vs smart pekin!

MustLoveDucks

Songster
6 Years
May 19, 2015
Hillsboro, Missouri
Hayhei was taken to the vet yesterday because he sounds hoarse. The vet believes, after seeing nothing in X-rays and having great health otherwise, that he aspirated at some point and there's most likely an infection. He gave me oral antibiotics and told me to mix it in with his favorite things or put it on a cracker, etc. Well, if course, he won't eat any of these things I've tried. Even went to the store and bought baby food, he won't even touch it.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? Or maybe a better video of how to give him oral antibiotics? I I've read bits of the thread regarding this but am weary of pushing it down his throat.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :he

Okay, so the two holes you need to learn about are the one goes into the crop. It's on their right side. It's not really a hole though, it's more like a funnel. The other hole you need to know about is the opening to the trachea, that goes to the lungs, and it in the middle of their mouth at the base of their tounge.

1.1ml and not really
Did they give you a 1 ml syringe or a 3 ml syringe? How big is your duck? I ask these two questions because it will affect how to give the medication. Let me know what syringe and duck age/size are and I will see if I can get some sample pictures.

Did they give you a 1 ml syringe or a 3 ml syringe? How big is your duck? I ask these two questions because it will affect how to give the medication. Let me know what syringe and duck age/size are and I will see if I can get some sample pictures.
I was able to convince him to drink some out of his water bowl but only a drop at a time because it's pink and he thought it was a game. I just want to make sure he gets it all.

Put the syring in its mouth to the left or right and pump it down his throat. My mom used to give me antibiotics in the same way

Their wind pipe is behind their tongue its best if u research it first. I give the meat ducks B complex this way

Back
Top Bottom