Help: Peachick with swollen face! ?

The Baytril doesn't have any other details on the bottle nor the bill. For the two meds it was $48. The exam + procedure was $180.80. The paperwork says weight (in lbs) 1.54

She didn't mention her being underweight or voice any concerns about feed practices. ?? I am calling them this morning. With everything I forgot to ask about the fecal exam but I did take a fresh one in and handed it to the front desk person who took both to the back. It's not listed on the bill either.

1.5 pounds is small for a bird her age. I will weigh my smallest one that hatched in August. Question, is the Baytril clear or does it look like crushed pills and a flavored syrup?

1.5 pounds is small for a bird her age. I will weigh my smallest one that hatched in August. Question, is the Baytril clear or does it look like crushed pills and a flavored syrup?

I just got the peachicks in October and they are growing but I didn't weigh them when I got them. The Baytril is not clear and I was told to shake it before administering. I chose pumpkin flavored.

If she's about the same size and weight as the other(s) and still gaining, I wouldn't worry. :) Many vets make Baytril like they did for you. Might be a good idea to get a bottle of the 10% liquid just in case.

So glade she is feeling better.
Did they trim her beak? never seen one so rounded before.
 That kitty is looking like ,Hey what you think you are doing in here, this is my place and that is my bowl:lol:

No she broke the tip off a couple weeks ago. I found her at night on the ground as she had been roosting on a roof with the adult peahen and other peachick. I'm guessing she got nudged off and tried to hold on with her beak.

I just weighed 3 of mine that hatched at the end of August and they weighed between 1.6kg and 1.8kg (3.52 - 3.96 pounds), so probably a good idea to weigh her and the one that came with her.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom