Help please...1st time to try and hatch baby ducks

Awesome Mom!

Also, with the fan, the wet paper towel isn't really necessary. The fan tends to cool the towel quicker and dry it out too, so personally, I don't use them. If you feel better leaving it, some people do use them.

My mom applied the vaseline. But the sweet thing is just staying put.

When I get home tonight I guess I will try to peel away some more of the shell.

Do I need to try and give him a drink know or is he still absorbing the yolk? Technically today is only day 27, he just started early. Will he be ok for a while longer?

My mom applied the vaseline. But the sweet thing is just staying put.

When I get home tonight I guess I will try to peel away some more of the shell.

Do I need to try and give him a drink know or is he still absorbing the yolk? Technically today is only day 27, he just started early. Will he be ok for a while longer?

I would leave him just like that, even until tomorrow. Just keep that membrane moist. It looks to me like plenty of shell is chipped away, so I'd let him sit in there, and fully absorb everything.

If he starts wiggling and looks stuck, then I'd maybe chip more shell, but he can breathe now, and just needs to take everything in. Then he will be ready to pop out on his own.

And no, he doesn't need anything to eat or drink yet.

Great job!

Updated picture of the baby. He must be trying because he had himself stuck upside down. Girls quickly made it where his head was upright.

Still have hope!

Help...is this normal. He came out on his own 47 hours after pip.

He had a nasty things on his belly that fell off right away.

Inside of eggs was gross...

What do I do now...just leave him alone?

Help

Awww poor baby! How precious.

The goo in the egg is normal. Nothing to be alarmed about. It doesn't always happen, sometimes they are clean, but it does happen plenty, so dont worry.

Is the yolk all absorbed into the belly? Nothing hanging out of him? Is he active? Eating and drinking anything yet?

Congratulations too! Great job.

He is laying down, wiggling a little and chirping away.

Do they smell really bad? If not it might be another egg that is in there...because something stinks.

Nothing coming out of belly...

Oh my goodness!

Back
Top Bottom