Help please! I've taken in unwanted 5 hens & 1 beautiful rooster & would love to know what breed the

IndinanaChicken

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 20, 2012
I'm new to site & cant figure out how to upload pictures to forum so if you could I'd really appreciate you looking to see if you recognise this breed. Greatly appreciate any help. They lay 1x a day & lay light tan or off white eggs, I added pictures of eggs and feet if they happen to help.

The rooster is very flashy, gorgeous colors & hard to see in the picture but his tail g are a shiny blue. You can see in the picture his "head piece" I have no idea what its called is more flat & smashed looking compared to most I've seen.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post & hopefully you all can help me figure out or at least narrow down what exactly I'm dealing with. Thanks again!

Sorry, i would love to help, but i don't see any pics other than your avatar. The Bird in the profile pic looks like a cinnamon queen. I have 2 of them along with 2 Rhode Islands, 2 plymouth rocks, and 2 black astralops. All my girls lay brown eggs. Try to post some pics again. If you look on the tool bar on the post and reply area, theres a icon of a pic next to the film strip that will let you insert a picture. Hope that helps.

golden laced wyandotte rooster
leghorns (they have the white earlobes)
possible sex links (the ones with the brownish red coloring)

The roo appears to be a gold laced Wyandotte. The hens with the red hackles I would say are lovely barnyard crosses. And the whites with the stray black feathers I would guess are California Whites (another type of hatchery mix).

Back
Top Bottom