1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help please! I've taken in unwanted 5 hens & 1 beautiful rooster & would love to know what breed the

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by IndinanaChicken, Sep 20, 2012.

1. IndinanaChicken

IndinanaChicken New Egg

Sep 20, 2012
    I'm new to site & cant figure out how to upload pictures to forum so if you could I'd really appreciate you looking to see if you recognise this breed. Greatly appreciate any help. They lay 1x a day & lay light tan or off white eggs, I added pictures of eggs and feet if they happen to help.

The rooster is very flashy, gorgeous colors & hard to see in the picture but his tail g are a shiny blue. You can see in the picture his "head piece" I have no idea what its called is more flat & smashed looking compared to most I've seen.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post & hopefully you all can help me figure out or at least narrow down what exactly I'm dealing with. Thanks again!

2. The Lurker

The Lurker New Egg

Sep 2, 2012
    Sorry, i would love to help, but i don't see any pics other than your avatar. The Bird in the profile pic looks like a cinnamon queen. I have 2 of them along with 2 Rhode Islands, 2 plymouth rocks, and 2 black astralops. All my girls lay brown eggs. Try to post some pics again. If you look on the tool bar on the post and reply area, theres a icon of a pic next to the film strip that will let you insert a picture. Hope that helps.

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    golden laced wyandotte rooster
    leghorns (they have the white earlobes)
    possible sex links (the ones with the brownish red coloring)

4. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    The roo appears to be a gold laced Wyandotte. The hens with the red hackles I would say are lovely barnyard crosses. And the whites with the stray black feathers I would guess are California Whites (another type of hatchery mix).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by