Help please..sexing Cream Legbar

AliciaFNP

In the Brooder
Nov 6, 2020
Hi! I have this 8 weekish cream legbar. It had a dark head as a a baby chick. Is this a pullet? Its feathers just don’t seem rounded to me. First time having this breed and hatchery sold to me as a female. Thanks for all the help!!!

Attachments

• DB1008F8-B396-4F6F-9F87-4FD5C5A64DC1.jpeg
    DB1008F8-B396-4F6F-9F87-4FD5C5A64DC1.jpeg
    665.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 4A891062-AFDE-4508-9BFF-F30169C8352F.jpeg
    4A891062-AFDE-4508-9BFF-F30169C8352F.jpeg
    529.7 KB · Views: 22
  • EC8D4167-4F4C-4BB6-8BE4-3D690B8A50E1.jpeg
    EC8D4167-4F4C-4BB6-8BE4-3D690B8A50E1.jpeg
    492.9 KB · Views: 21
That would he awesome if it were! But do Swedish Flowers gave the crest (mohawk as I call it lol)? I know this hatchery had those as well!
I bred Swedish Flower for a short period a long while back, my very first rooster experience.. they do come in crested and non.. They can also have white or yellow skin and in a variety of color patterns. The crest on SFH doesn't show up at hatch like Silkies or Polish but a little later.. the site you mention.. their SFH rooster is sporting a crest and the lady is not.. alleged that you should NOT breed crested to crested in THIS breed.. as it's supposed to create the huge crest. Main issue for me is the lack of flowering.. but it's been SO long, I can't recall if that was developmental and will come in still or simply that not every chick or bird that hatches.. EVEN out of excellent parent stock will be breeding or show quality.. Noting ZERO rudeness intended on my part and ONLY for purposes of discussion.. in other words, I'm not passing or indicating any sort of personal judgement towards your's/anyone's feathered friends!

Breeding them (that breed) wasn't for me but it was still a fantastic adventure that catapult me directions never previously considered!! :wee

That was a good call by @RoostersAreAwesome. You got to deliver awesome news for the recipient! :highfive:

Is this a pullet? Its feathers just don’t seem rounded to me.
Hi there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Deferring to what others have already said.. regarding breed.. which hatchery did they come from? Do you actually have a chick pick showing when you first got it? I do agree that it appear to be pullet colored at this point

The pointy verses round feathers you ask about don't start showing until around 12 weeks on most non hen feathered breed cockerels. See example..

1616196742448.png

Hi there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Deferring to what others have already said.. regarding breed.. which hatchery did they come from? Do you actually have a chick pick showing when you first got it? I do agree that it appear to be pullet colored at this point

The pointy verses round feathers you ask about don't start showing until around 12 weeks on most non hen feathered breed cockerels. See example..

View attachment 2576688
Hi and Thanks!! They came from Bresse Farms here in Mississippi. I posted more pics above! Someone said it might be a Swedish Flower. I did not take baby pics unfortunately. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom