HELP PLS! URGENT... Fav. aracauna girl bleeding from anus/vent area......DESPERATE

Vent prolapse yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't think so I tried and tried..... and put the dressin on it but it keeps popping out..... looking like its starting to bleed again too. is there anything I can give her for pain

Aspirin would be okay--a baby aspirin or 1/4 to 1/2 of an adult aspirin, but no tylenol, advil, or alleve. This may sound weird, but could you try to hold in the prolapse with your hand (with a rubber glove on of course) and sit with her for awhile?

You also may be able to fashion a pressure bandage over her vent with an old sock tied into a knot and held against the vent with old pantyhose or some other stretchy material. Make sure to take it off in the morning, and periodically so she can pass stool.

I would be happy to sit with her a bit like that ..... I just need a rubber glove lol.... how do I give her the aspirin... what can I do to get it back in> she is pooping though is that good? my poor little girl

You could use some saran wrap for rubber gloves, LOL. Open her beak and place the aspirin on the back of her throat--they will usually swallow tablets well. Pooping is good--sometimes they can't poop with a prolapse.

I would be happy to sit with her a bit like that ..... I just need a rubber glove lol.... how do I give her the aspirin... what can I do to get it back in> she is pooping though is that good? my poor little girl
Give the aspirin orally(wrap in a pce of cheese or meat)or crush and place in water or sprinkle over feed. Try the sugar or prep H again,whatever you have on hand,wait for swelling to go down,then try and gently push prolapse back in,then bandage. Bandage tight enough to hold in place,but not so tight as to cut off circulation. This where a stretchy material works great. Eggcessive had a great idea with sock and pantyhose.

thank you both so much, you've been incredibly helpful... should I leave her alone for the night since I've pushed and pushed and then bandaged? I have her in a cage with bedding in it and a stick with she wants to roost, covered up with another blanket to keep it dark. I gave her some scrambled eggs with the egg shells in them with yogurt and oats... is that ok? I'll give her the aspirin so she isn't in so much pain. She's such a beautiful little girl, I hate to see her in so much pain. If I do the panty hose do I just pull it over her tail like a huge condom? lol maybe I don't get the picture of what you're saying.. I don't think the saran wrap bandage is very tight but it's still on her. She's such a sweetheart... sure do feel bad for her.. what a bloody stinky poopy nasty *** mess!

thank you both so much, you've been incredibly helpful... should I leave her alone for the night since I've pushed and pushed and then bandaged? I have her in a cage with bedding in it and a stick with she wants to roost, covered up with another blanket to keep it dark. I gave her some scrambled eggs with the egg shells in them with yogurt and oats... is that ok? I'll give her the aspirin so she isn't in so much pain. She's such a beautiful little girl, I hate to see her in so much pain. If I do the panty hose do I just pull it over her tail like a huge condom? lol maybe I don't get the picture of what you're saying.. I don't think the saran wrap bandage is very tight but it's still on her. She's such a sweetheart... sure do feel bad for her.. what a bloody stinky poopy nasty *** mess!
Yes,leave her for the night,check in morning to see if prolapse has shrunk back in. Food that you gave her fine,did she eat it? Make sure she is drinking.

She is a gorgeous little girl. Please update in am. For pantyhose,wrap anyway that will hold in place,yes a huge condom style should work. Lol

Panty hose for holding it in place sounds like a great idea! I have used regular ace bandage before to hold things in, like vet wrap better though. You have a good setup for her to recover, that did look like a big egg poor girl. Saran wrap, plastic bag I have used in a pinch when having to do a vent exam, well lubed of course. Be patient getting it to stay in place it can be stubborn to stay inside. The honey should help a lot besides help with healing. You are doing a great job, asking for help on here is a good way to learn everyone that has helped me has blown me away with the knowledge they have. I wish I had access to all the bookmarks they have for all the information they have found.

Good luck with your hen.

Back
Top Bottom