Help Quail problem

sourhernoldie

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 17, 2017
southern Louisiana
I have a couple of Button Quail that are trying to get around on their side can't see anything wrong with them other then that. Has anyone had this problem is it illness or are they fighting with each other? Really worried.

I have a couple of Button Quail that are trying to get around on their side can't see anything wrong with them other then that. Has anyone had this problem is it illness or are they fighting with each other? Really worried.
What's the temp in your brooder? What kind of bedding are you using?

We live in Louisiana and the weather goes from 80 to 40 over night so placed oil heater in and closed in aviary no wind the floor is covered in hay, sand and gravel . They share along with canaries and dove. They have fresh water and feed them every day. Sorry you ask what the temp. is at this moment it is 70 with heater but last week the weather was around 80 to 70

We live in Louisiana and the weather goes from 80 to 40 over night so placed oil heater in and closed in aviary no wind the floor is covered in hay, sand and gravel . They share along with canaries and dove. They have fresh water and feed them every day. Sorry you ask what the temp. is at this moment it is 70 with heater but last week the weather was around 80 to 70
How old are the chicks....70 is way too low!

How old are the chicks....70 is way too low!
these are older Quail there are 7 four week old young that seem to be doing well; these were birds that needed a home so here they are; so have know idea how old they are. The young were under the heater I believe that is what saved them. Could it be the food I feed a mix that is for canaries and Finches

Last edited:
Could you post a picture or video, it might help.

Back
Top Bottom