1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Help! Return of the bloody poops!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cheepsforkeeps, May 29, 2010.

1. cheepsforkeeps

cheepsforkeeps In the Brooder

Apr 24, 2010
    [​IMG] I have already treated my flock for coccidia 3 weeks ago. It seems a different chick (7 weeks old) is every so often pooping blood. I have separated her and watching. Trying to figure out if I should proceed with the same treatment of 5 days Corid? I posted on Emergencies but didn't get much response. Anyone out there have this problem reoccur and treat it successfully? I hate at to give them antibiotics again!!!

2. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Songster

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I don't have any answers for you but I didn't want your post to get buried on page two. I hope someone comes along who can help. [​IMG]

3. I would put them all back on Corid again. Last year I had a set of chicks that I had to repeat treatment on. They should be fine after the second round. I think I had my on Corid for a week each time. Good luck with your babies.

4. BarredRockMom

BarredRockMom Songster 5 Years

Jun 9, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I just treated my girls with a 2ND round of Corid for the same reason & now that they've finished their 2nd course of treatment, 2 OTHER girls are starting with blood in their droppings!! I am thinking that they need an antibiotic so I will have to do some research on this site to see which one, dosages & of course buy them some juice...because I know that it's not hoing to taste good & they are NOT gonna to want to drink their meds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: