HELP! Rooster attacked by a opossum!

Rhythmoflove_11

In the Brooder
May 21, 2019
He's by himself at the moment. He has head and eye injuries. A few small chunks of flesh are missing from his head. All the head feathers are gone and he looks very bad. I'm new to chickens only had them since May, and I have no idea what to do. He's one of my favorites and I would appreciate any help. We are almost 100% it was a opossum. What should we wash his wounds with? Should we use any ointments? Is don't think he's ate or drink anything since he was attacked last night. What can we do?

Clean with betadine or a saline solution. Put a triple antibiotic ointment without pain killer on it, something like neosporin. Posting pictures of the injuries will make it easier to advise. You need to make sure he eats and especially drinks. You can get a dropper to give him water. It wouldn't hurt to put electrolytes in the water. Nutri-drench would be good. Keep him quiet for a few days.

Clean with betadine or a saline solution. Put a triple antibiotic ointment without pain killer on it, something like neosporin. Posting pictures of the injuries will make it easier to advise. You need to make sure he eats and especially drinks. You can get a dropper to give him water. It wouldn't hurt to put electrolytes in the water. Nutri-drench would be good. Keep him quiet for a few days.
Thank you, I'll post some pictures later. Where do you get the nitro-drench, the tractor supply? Is the goat one the correct one to buy?

Back
Top Bottom