my almost 2 year old rooster has been sneezing all day
when he sneezes he kinda gasps?
he also wears a no crow collar
i took it off and the sneezing continued
he stops sneezing when he is asleep
please help

i need help please
everyone please list anything i can do

How long has the sneezing been going on? Have you seen runny nostrils, bubbles in his eyes?
Are any other birds affected?
It could be the onset of a respiratory disease or something in the environment causing your rooster to sneeze. I suspect it might be something in the environment, such as; ammonia fumes from soiled bedding, improper ventilation, inhalation of feed dust or dirt from dust bathing, pollen, pesticide use, DE, mold or fungus spores. All of these issues can be corrected or eliminated.

How long has the sneezing been going on? Have you seen runny nostrils, bubbles in his eyes?
Are any other birds affected?
It could be the onset of a respiratory disease or something in the environment causing your rooster to sneeze. I suspect it might be something in the environment, such as; ammonia fumes from soiled bedding, improper ventilation, inhalation of feed dust or dirt from dust bathing, pollen, pesticide use, DE, mold or fungus spores. All of these issues can be corrected or eliminated.
he started sneezing this morning
he is the only one sneezing
his only symptom is the sneezing
i’m planning on doing a heavy clean in jis coop
i’m just very paranoid

Also check his nostrils for blockage. If they are blocked with dirt or debris, use an eyedropper with warm water and put a few drops on the clogged nostrils to loosen the debris, repeat as necessary in order to loosen it. Then use a toothpick to gently remove the debris. Dont push the toothpick up into the nostril, you just want to dig out the debris from the base of the nostril.
It would be best to tie his legs together and snuggly wrap him in a towel in order to do this procedure.

If there isnt debris clogging his nostrils, go ahead and clean the coop thoroughly as you mentioned and hopefully your rooster will stop sneezing. Inspect the ceiling and walls for mold. Good luck!

Also check his nostrils for blockage. If they are blocked with dirt or debris, use an eyedropper with warm water and put a few drops on the clogged nostrils to loosen the debris, repeat as necessary in order to loosen it. Then use a toothpick to gently remove the debris. Dont push the toothpick up into the nostril, you just want to dig out the debris from the base of the nostril.
It would be best to tie his legs together and snuggly wrap him in a towel in order to do this procedure.

If there isnt debris clogging his nostrils, go ahead and clean the coop thoroughly as you mentioned and hopefully your rooster will stop sneezing. Inspect the ceiling and walls for mold. Good luck!
thank you so much
i quickly checked his nostrils but i’ll do what you said just incase there is some dust or dirt in it
again, thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom