Help!! <Seller Replied>......is this dark enough?-PICS!- w/ link

This is how she replied

" I'm sorry you are not happy. As you know marans lighten up through teir laying cycle. Out of all the eggs I have sold You are the only one not happy?? Thanks Lori"

I asked for my money back because the eggs were not as dark as she advertised.
hmm.png

I'm not sure how i should reply to her haha I kinda dont want to go off sounding mean.

Last edited:
Tell her -- she didn't put any disclaimer on her ad stating that the eggs you received would not be as dark as the eggs in the pics. Therefore, she was falsely advertising the color of the eggs (you can say fraudulently if you really want to be tough). Tell her ebay does protect people from false advertising, and you plan to take advantage of their "significantly not as described" complaint procedures if she does not give you a refund. And tell her you have pics of both your eggs and the eggs on her ad, so you can prove to ebay that they are not the same.

Good luck!

It all depends on what they look like when they hatch! I bought some from a local man and they were all different shades! This is what mine looked like when they hatched and they look like cuckoos to me! The eggs do get lighter as the cycle goes!
chickies004-1.jpg

chickies001.jpg

Quote:
I find that wicked hard to believe unless there are a lot of clueless buyers. I cannot imagine expecting eggs the color of which she showed in that box and then getting brown egg quality eggs that you could get out of the case at the grocery store.
hmm.png

Quote:
The thing with Marans is the egg color, though. That's what they're known for. If they look like the perfect show quality Maran and the eggs are cream, they're not really worth a darn as Marans.

This is why she got no complaints. Half the buying public is unaware that having AND KEEPING a sufficiently dark egg color IS part of being a Marans.

Eggs not the sufficiently dark color, are not Marans eggs - because egg color defines the breed. Not the color of the chicks or eventual chickens.

So you end up with people selling these off eggs and people buying them, totally cluelessly.

You've got a good significantly not... claim. Go for it. Educating the seller isn't likely to work while they're still making money.

Mean or kind, profit will matter to them more. People making money off the word marans, is why I'm waiting til next year and until I know who is selling what. I now know a lot of good people, selling good marans eggs, who wouldn't sell an egg like that on a dare. They're too ethical and they KNOW better and they care about the breed.

Like anything else - the people who only care about $$$ will only care about $$$ no matter what you do.

Quote:

The thing with Marans is the egg color, though. That's what they're known for. If they look like the perfect show quality Maran and the eggs are cream, they're not really worth a darn as Marans.

Ya I agree but those eggs are far from cream! But she didn't say that they were black copper Marans But if they advertised them as real dark then thats what they should have sent!​

Last edited:
Your right walkswithdogs, and I really should have paid more attention. Right now the eggs are in the incubator, I was trying to secretly hatch them and give the chicks to my daughter, and tell her they were Magical chickens that lay dark eggs. I guess I have to look around some more lol. She watched a show or cartoon I think, and now she is convinced that the darker the egg the more power it has. Imagine how she would react when I tell her these chickens lay the dark eggs!! :lol

Back
Top Bottom