Help!! <Seller Replied>......is this dark enough?-PICS!- w/ link

Bleenstar

Songster
11 Years
Oct 16, 2008
Southern California
Just wondering if this dark enough to be considered cuckoo marans eggs. I bought them from ebay. Thanks Guys
smile.png

w/ flash
17183_img_1952.jpg

w/out flash

17183_img_1954.jpg

What color scale would these be?

Last edited:
From what I've read posted on BYC, marans eggs come in different shades. There's actually a color scale that breeders go by. I don't have marans, so I won't even try to say yea or nay on your eggs. If you got them from a seller with a good feedback score, you should be safe.

I am sorry those are not dark enough to be marans even poor hatchery stock I would ask for your money back and not breed from the birds that hatch or just pitch the whole clutch if you were planing on breeding.

These are some eggs from my cuckoo marans from the very end of the laying cycle when eggs were almost at their lightest.

DSCF1607.jpg

Sorry about this bad deal,
Henry

I would let him know the eggs were not at all as dark as advertised and that they do not even register as marans on the color scale at least. If you ask for your money back and he says no then leave him negative feed back

Henry

compaired to the eggs he advertised...the ones he sent you is very light. Also, compaired to that chart yellow dragon sent you...it doesnt even look like a 4! Thats my opinion. The cuckoo maran eggs I got was at least a 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to say that in this situation, you should remember that this seller is not like most of the BYCers
big_smile.png
He's probably not going to give you your money back based on your opinion that the eggs aren't dark enough. He's going to expect you to wait until they hatch to prove what breed they are. JMHO. Not everyone is as nice as we folks here on BYC!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom