Help sexing my 7 week olds. Knowing the breed would be cool too!

Stephen1152

Chirping
May 17, 2017
Long Island, New York
chick21.JPG
chick 22.JPG
chick 31.JPG
chick 32.JPG
chick 33.JPG
Chick11.jpg
chick 12.JPG
chick 13.JPG
I always hatched ducks and other birds where the sex was not so important. I never should have hatched chickens where it is important to know the roosters! Not only am I attached to them all, but if one starts to crow when I am not around, my neighbors are not gonna be too happy. Can anyone tell me the sex and breed of a few of mine? Thanks!!!

Welcome to BYC!
You hatched these from your own eggs?
If so what breed of chickens do you already have running around?

Welcome to BYC!
You hatched these from your own eggs?
If so what breed of chickens do you already have running around?
I bought the eggs from a breeder in MN and they overnighted the eggs to me. I got the "assorted" package of 16 eggs. So I have no clue. I never should have hatched my own. I should have bought them from a store so I knew (for the most part) I was getting females!

welcome to BYC! First time with chickens and you hatch your own - You really do like to live dangerously, don't you? ;)Hats off to you for being so courageous. I reckon the first and third are cockrels, and the second is a pullet. No idea on the breed though, I'm afraid. They look pretty though...

All look like cockerels.
First could be a Rhode Island Red and the Second is an Easter Egger. No idea about the Third.
I read an article that said the roosters tend to be more friendly when they are chicks. The fist two, I do believe you are right with the breeds, run from me. But that third one since the day he hatched followed me around. I can't step backwards without having to make sure he is not there. He is a great bird/pet. I am going to be upset getting rid of him. I already started asking around. But no luck yet.

welcome to BYC! First time with chickens and you hatch your own - You really do like to live dangerously, don't you? ;)Hats off to you for being so courageous. I reckon the first and third are cockrels, and the second is a pullet. No idea on the breed though, I'm afraid. They look pretty though...
Your being kind saying courageous. I think it was stupid. Just wasn't thinking. I am so used to hatching ducks, pheasants and quail to be released, I just didn't think it through. Now myself and my neighbor who I gave some to are so attached to them.

Back
Top Bottom