HELP!! Silkie chicken fell from apartment balcony

Mushi

In the Brooder
Dec 1, 2020
I live on the third floor, and keep my chicks in a chicken coop. I have a gap under the fence of my balcony, but I use pots to cover it. I was feeding them this morning, and one of the chicks came out of the coop. The minute she came out, she found a gap between the pots, and started walking on the ledge before falling. When I got her back up, I isolated her from my other chicks. One of her legs seem to be broken - she refused to stand on it, and it seems to be angled wrong. However, I don’t see any bones coming out or wounds, and couldn’t feel any abnormalities. Right now, she’s very lethargic, and hasn’t moved from where she laid down - isn’t drinking water or eating either. She becomes alert when she hears noises, but other than that she’s not moving. What should I do?? I don’t have the money to visit a vet (especially with how expensive they are), and I’m not sure if I should splint her legs or just let her rest.

I live on the third floor, and keep my chicks in a chicken coop. I have a gap under the fence of my balcony, but I use pots to cover it. I was feeding them this morning, and one of the chicks came out of the coop. The minute she came out, she found a gap between the pots, and started walking on the ledge before falling. When I got her back up, I isolated her from my other chicks. One of her legs seem to be broken - she refused to stand on it, and it seems to be angled wrong. However, I don’t see any bones coming out or wounds, and couldn’t feel any abnormalities. Right now, she’s very lethargic, and hasn’t moved from where she laid down - isn’t drinking water or eating either. She becomes alert when she hears noises, but other than that she’s not moving. What should I do?? I don’t have the money to visit a vet (especially with how expensive they are), and I’m not sure if I should splint her legs or just let her rest.
Splint

Back
Top Bottom