Help!!!!! SNOWY CALL DUCK EMERGENCY!

MoodyBroody622

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013
Scribner, Nebraska
Okay so my momma Snowy Call has been sitting on eggs for about a month now and I am starting to think that her eggs are rotten. I was wondering if it would be smart to buy some baby Snowy's from someone ( I found someone who has some for sale) and take her eggs away and see if she would care for these ducklings? How would this go? I bought her from and auction so i dont know if she is a first time mom or not but she has been off of these eggs ALOT! Help! What should I do?
I can care for these ducklings if she doesnt take them but I dont want her to kill them!
fl.gif

I would post over in the duck section. You might especially want to try Thread Formerly Known as Hatch Day is Today - lots of experienced hatchers (and some call breeders) hang out in there. I'm sure someone could give you some advice :)

Okay so my momma Snowy Call has been sitting on eggs for about a month now and I am starting to think that her eggs are rotten. I was wondering if it would be smart to buy some baby Snowy's from someone ( I found someone who has some for sale) and take her eggs away and see if she would care for these ducklings? How would this go? I bought her from and auction so i dont know if she is a first time mom or not but she has been off of these eggs ALOT! Help! What should I do?
I can care for these ducklings if she doesnt take them but I dont want her to kill them!
fl.gif
My understanding is that duck eggs hatch after 28 days,Pekins etc. But other breeds of ducks like Muscovy can take up to 35 days to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom