Help! something lodged in chicks throat

Sarah1031

Songster
9 Years
Dec 15, 2010
Coupeville Whidbey Island
How do i get it out? she is gasping but still seems to be able to breath. I cant see anything when i try to look down throat, but i feel it in her throat. Any way i can get it up or make it pass?

How do i get it out? she is gasping but still seems to be able to breath. I cant see anything when i try to look down throat, but i feel it in her throat. Any way i can get it up or make it pass?
How old is she? Do you feel it in her throat or in her crop? Do you give chicks treats,if so do they have access to grit? Could she have possibly swallowed shaving?

She is 1 week old, she did swallow a hair last night. They are on pine shavings to. I didnt give any treats. I think i feel something in her throat, but not sure

Last edited:
She is 1 week old, she did swallow a hair last night. They are on pine shavings to. I didnt give any treats. I think i feel something in her throat, but not sure
Just watch her,it could be her crop you are feeling. She is able to breathe,correct? You have opened her beak and can find nothing stuck in throat? Check to make sure nothing is wrapped around her tongue.Encourage drinking this might help pass whatever it is.

Are any other chicks showing any signs of anything? Keep an eye on the rest.

Thanks for the replys.....sadly she died
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom