HELP!!! TURKEY HEN PROLAPSED??

Pics
I will at least feel in there tonight. I’m just so scared of losing her. She’s in pain and not comfortable. I lost her mate two months ago and it broke my heart and I’m attached to her very much.
I'm really sorry, hon. I know how insanely stressful it is trying to take care of a beloved pet that's clearly in trouble. :hugs She needs you to keep a level head now though. Gather as much information as you can. That's your best hope of helping her.

And make a shopping list for tomorrow!

And I know you said you really can't, so I don't want to push the issue, but there's no way you could bring her inside the house so you can keep an eye on her more easily? Do you have a bathroom that you could put her in? Maybe fill the tub with towels so she has a soft place to sit? Get some water into her. If she's gushing that ooze out it's probably dehydrating her.

Any news?
I attempted to feel inside of her, I got my finger all the way in up to the knuckle (my longest finger the middle one) and couldn’t really tell what I was feeling. Maybe that means there was no egg? But I cannot say for sure it was hard to feel and I’m not used to feeling in there so I can’t for sure say. I tried twice to feel well and she kept fighting me and pushing back out and when she would, she would prolapse further and push the insides out more. So I got her to get the prolaspe back in about 90%. You can barley see anything popping out for the night and cleaned it up and I’m letting her rest and relax she’s exhausted and when she gets worked up pushes more. So she’s gonna sleep tonight as will I and I’ll get up in the morning and take another feel inside and look at her and we can go from there? That way I will have daylight and you guys to talk to lol. We will figure this out, I feel bad for my poor Peep. She’s tired of being woken up lol

I have a hen who prolapsed four times and... she forced me to get an education on the subject.

She is straining because she wants to pass stool, this is what happens when the prolapse is in this stage, they can only poop next to nothing and they keep straining, it's heartbreaking to see.

Do you have any coconut oil?

I attempted to feel inside of her, I got my finger all the way in up to the knuckle (my longest finger the middle one) and couldn’t really tell what I was feeling. Maybe that means there was no egg? But I cannot say for sure it was hard to feel and I’m not used to feeling in there so I can’t for sure say. I tried twice to feel well and she kept fighting me and pushing back out and when she would, she would prolapse further and push the insides out more. So I got her to get the prolaspe back in about 90%. You can barley see anything popping out for the night and cleaned it up and I’m letting her rest and relax she’s exhausted and when she gets worked up pushes more. So she’s gonna sleep tonight as will I and I’ll get up in the morning and take another feel inside and look at her and we can go from there? That way I will have daylight and you guys to talk to lol. We will figure this out, I feel bad for my poor Peep. She’s tired of being woken up lol
Well, as I said, I have no personal experience, but I'd imagine that if you didn't feel anything hard there's probably no egg. You mentioned that her poops are abnormally tiny. Could she be constipated? Maybe tomorrow feel down the lower tunnel (colon) and see if there's an impacted poop in there or something?

For those who know what they're doing, is there any such thing as a turkey enema/suppository?

I have a hen who prolapsed four times and... she forced me to get an education on the subject.

She is straining because she wants to pass stool, this is what happens when the prolapse is in this stage, they can only poop next to nothing and they keep straining, it's heartbreaking to see.

Do you have any coconut oil?
I can get some tomorrow. And it’s awful to see her this way and not know what’s going on :(

Well, as I said, I have no personal experience, but I'd imagine that if you didn't feel anything hard there's probably no egg. You mentioned that her poops are abnormally tiny. Could she be constipated? Maybe tomorrow feel down the lower tunnel (colon) and see if there's an impacted poop in there or something?

For those who know what they're doing, is there any such thing as a turkey enema/suppository?
I’m going to put a pic of her droppings

78C634F0-29D4-44CD-8807-5B327478A5C1.jpeg
Here is her tiny dropping she keeps having and that’s it. With the liquid the white liquid that keeps dripping out

Back
Top Bottom