HELP!!! TURKEY HEN PROLAPSED??

Pics
I'm watching my turkey hen for a health emergency today too, you aren't alone it's so much harder to have an emergency with one of these guys because there is so little info. I recommend keeping some raw coconut oil on hand for all health emergencies. Animal and human, it's anti viral anti fungal anti bacterial and lubricates so it's not a cure all but it's a great first step. I wonder if feeding some might help with inflammation.
Oh really?? I didn’t know all of that! I know it’s great but that’s nice to know :) do you think so? And you are so right, it’s very hard to find info and tips for the turkeys, sometimes it can be rather hard and I love them so much

I'm really sorry, hon. I know how insanely stressful it is trying to take care of a beloved pet that's clearly in trouble. :hugs She needs you to keep a level head now though. Gather as much information as you can. That's your best hope of helping her.

And make a shopping list for tomorrow!

And I know you said you really can't, so I don't want to push the issue, but there's no way you could bring her inside the house so you can keep an eye on her more easily? Do you have a bathroom that you could put her in? Maybe fill the tub with towels so she has a soft place to sit? Get some water into her. If she's gushing that ooze out it's
probably dehydrating her.

I keep I Rubbermaid tote on hand that I converted to a critter keeper, I cut a hole in the top and covered it with hardware cloth. It's a cheap convenient easy to clean option and it even fits in my mini home.

Because white oak bark powder really works miracles for prolapses. This is what saved my dear Bridget on her fourth prolapse. (I had to read like a hundred google links to discover this tidbit.)
Oh really?? I didn’t know all of that! I know it’s great but that’s nice to know :) do you think so? And you are so right, it’s very hard to find info and tips for the turkeys, sometimes it can be rather hard and I love them so much

It can replace alot in a first aid kit for sure. Good luck with your girl.

I'm really sorry, hon. I know how insanely stressful it is trying to take care of a beloved pet that's clearly in trouble. :hugs She needs you to keep a level head now though. Gather as much information as you can. That's your best hope of helping her.

And make a shopping list for tomorrow!

And I know you said you really can't, so I don't want to push the issue, but there's no way you could bring her inside the house so you can keep an eye on her more easily? Do you have a bathroom that you could put her in? Maybe fill the tub with towels so she has a soft place to sit? Get some water into her. If she's gushing that ooze out it's probably dehydrating her.
Great advice staying calm is the hardest and most important part

Back
Top Bottom