Help what Sex am I.

mandiedriskill

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 16, 2009
Eugene
I have three 8 week old Buff Orgpington/Welsummer chickens. I think 2 are pullets, but the third I don't know. They all have light colored waddles and colmbs. The third chicken that is in question has almost no colmb and just one spike on the colmb, but does have some small waddles forming. It is a little smaller in size. None are growing long feathers, and they all have very tinny spurs. The chicken in question I think has a type of deformation??? But, it gets along just fine
17091920_d6158edb1259828927.jpg

This is a picture of the chicken is question face
17091925_efd307071259829000.jpg

This is the same chicken from the side view.
17091933_3ab0cf841259829096.jpg

This is another chicken. I am pritty sure it's a pullet. No waddle formation.

Last edited:
Quote:
I think they're girls also - combs & wattles look like pullets on both chicks. The difference in coloring is due to them being mixed breeds - no consistency. One may have more welsummer coloring in her feathering, while the other may look more BO.

I'm no expert, but I think they both look like girls.

I don't know about BO males, but my welsummer rooster has quite the comb going on and he's only 6 weeks old.

I had to treat them for cocci. The person I got them from let them run around with the older birds that had it, so that is why they are in the tub/ brooder. I can't let them run around until they are better because I don't want them infecting everyone else.
sad.png
I wish they could. they are going to be upgaded to a bigger box this weekend. It's hard to find a hug box.

they are all pullets, but the second picture show a rose or double comb. it must have something else in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom