F680357A-BD9D-4339-91A7-B6FEC5379C9F.jpeg

Another photo with more light.
Does the membrane look okay?

Besides having goo over his left eye and a membrane over his right, I guess all things considered, things could be worse for him.

Okay. Remember to do it in small increments so it doesn't fluctuate. I know the NR360 is a great incubator though so hopefully it won't.
Yes thanks. I'm using a syringe and will not be able to get all the water out anyway. I will check every 10 minutes to make sure humidity doesn't do a nose dive!

Looking more closely, his whole side of his head is goo covered. Rather than trying to clean up the goo, might it be better to just let him be? My husband said he doesn't need to see to hatch and if the boy does make it, he'll need a lot of cleaning anyway.
Is this what is considered a sticky chick?

Okay. Here's a real closeup. I haven't done anything except syringe some water out of the reservoir. I was going to try cleaning the goo. But it might be the membrane because I think I see tiny red veins. I added extra color to the second picture to better see the possible veins...
D33D20CD-A4E5-4420-AF51-5EAC8DC8D0B2.jpeg
D280690E-4098-43C4-AD75-8643114710DA.jpeg

Opened and removed most of the cap and got some of the goo out. It is the consistency of runny yellow snot or sticky jelly. (Sorry for that description). I put bacitracin on the membrane and he's got a long way to go.
Should I try again, in an hour or so to get behind the membrane with a qtip? The goo sticks well to dry tips and pulls out when I turn the qtip. The internal membrane was quite pliable and I didn't cause (surprisingly) any bleeding.
This is way beyond anything I've read in the assisted hatch article!

D5389EE0-8C26-45B9-A0CA-7002E67DDDF0.jpeg
0EC4E86C-BCF0-406F-AE8F-A5B6051A1554.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom