Help with canning tomato juice

Most of my mater's like these weighed in at 1.7 lb each
The pumpkin by measurement g:yesss:uesstimate is near 1,000 lb. Maybe more.
I took more pics of my garden than I did my hens ! Which is unusual for me.
I have the kitchen prepped to begin mater juice now , thanks again for putting my mind at ease , I'd of cryd had I of lost all that juice! :thumbsupView attachment 1539928View attachment 1539934
:eek:
Nice maters also, what kind are they? I tried Goldman's Italian American this yr, supposed to be 1-1.5lbs, meaty paste tomatoes. Some grew big but I neglected the garden this yr, doing to much overtime at work, got late blight... still got plenty for eating but not the volume I usually get.
Tried to post this pic the other day but it wouldn't go, dd#3 running the squeezo with some Early Girls and another can't remember what it was but did great with them last yr, had tons of maters :drool
Screenshot_20180920-232228.png

YEAH!! pic worked, it's supposed to have a chute, they couldn't find it, and no rubber gasket but it worked anyway. Took a bit to figure out how it worked. There is a spring in the back side, auger pushes the maters forward, juice comes out the screen seed and pulp free, seeds and skins work their way to the end and once in awhile the pressure works against the spring in the back and it poops out the end pretty dry, awesome tool. The people I got the squeezo from bought it many yrs ago, probably didn't cost them much back then, they didn't know the thing is over a couple hundred bucks now, they bought it for blackberries, didn't like the seeds.

Hiyas beer can! :frow tomatoes I grew were six hierloom type. The ones in the pic are Brandywine.
I got the juice all processed fine, my only disappointment is not heating them before the juicing process. This I hear would have kept the juice from seperating. The colors are so pretty and now it looks ugly in the jars. Still taste great though!
Btw love the pic! I wish I'd of had helpers when the crops started coming in! Oh well, the season ends and I have 78 jars of wonderfull fruits and veggies!! Happy camper!:celebrate
Last year the hens got at least 50% of the garden due to way to many hours working.:rolleyes: No canning at all. Glad it wasn't the same this year! Best crop I've ever grown!:ya
That squeezo is amazing I'm sure!
I'd love to to try one out!

@Feathers Brady your tomato crop sounds like mine! I try to put up enough canned tomatoes, salsas, sauces and juice etc to last the family a year. This year I planted 170 plants and only now just stopped harvesting as the fruit is starting to harden in the skin as it does when the temp starts to drop. Your juices look awesome and the separation happens no matter what you do in my experience.
Happy Bloody Mary's to you!!!

I wish I'd of had helpers when the crops started coming in!
We have five kids, she's the only one that will help, all the rest do not eat or like matters. I actually made her a tomato omlet this morning lol.
She loves tomatoes so much, we don't have any of them near us but a couple yrs ago traveling down south stopped at a Golden Corral buffet, they have a chocolate fountain with fruit and I saw some rice crispy treats for dipping, she came back with chocolate covered cherry tomatoes...wt.. I don't think I would have even tried them and I love matters, she said they were 'delicious':lau

Back
Top Bottom