Help with my Rooster

tinamommy727

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 30, 2011
I have a rooster that is very aggressive, he literally tries to attack me everytime I feed or water them. The only time that he is nice is when I pick him up and hold him in my lap. I am new to having chickens and I just need some in put. He is a just a plain white rooster with a red comb and he is huge! My kids are afraid of him. My chickens and rooster basically have the run of the backyard and they are penned at night. Can anyone give me any advice? I don't want to keep him continously penned up or get rid of him. Please help!

My advise: If you have kids, get rid of him - via the soup pot. There are way too many nice roosters to put up with a mean one.

I have been hit by a rooster (that's no longer here) at waist level before and I'm 5'8". That's eye level for a child - it's just not worth the risk of a permanent injury. My rooster only attacked me - not my husband or my kids, but he's still gone. I got tired of watching my back every time I went into the run.

You also have to consider if a guest comes onto your property and he attacks them - you open yourself up to issues with homeowners insurance, lawsuits, etc. Just not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom