Help with newly hatched ducklings

Qmartin1

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2021
Duckling hatching in incubator early. I am disabled and can’t drive and my mom is out of town till Monday. Can I feed new ducklings crushed up adult pellets till I can get to store Monday. It’s egg laying feed is what I give the adults. I have several more eggs in incubator. They weren’t supposed to start hatching till Monday. One is definitely on way out. Not sure about others. Worried about what to feed them till I can get to feed store Monday to get starter feed. She had to go out of town for emergency and we thought we would be ok. Best laid plans …. Lol. Ty

Can you get a neighbor or friend to get you starter? They can go without eating for a few days, I'm not sure if you can give them adult feed or not, I wouldn't think it would hurt for a day or two.

Ok great. Ty. Just worried about room if they all hatch. Not a lot of room in there. Ty.

If I have a couple that hatch early and then there's a bit of a lull before the rest hatch I sometimes move them out quickly. But I try to avoid opening it at all until they have all hatched.

Back
Top Bottom