Help with Parent Stock!

mooSa

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
OK, I am looking to purchase parent stock, but my question is where can i actually find parent stock. Personally i don't think that companies that claim to sell parent stock, do sell parent stock... I mean its probably crossbred parent stock, which has less productive future chicks. Since the selection process has taken them years to select the best genetics, does anyone know a guaranteed source that supplies pure parent stock and top quality birds?

Last edited:
Maybe I'm not the right person to ask, but couldn't you contact the breed club and find recommended breeders from there? That's what I did when I started searching for show dogs years ago. Maybe attend some local poultry shows and meet breeders. That way, you can see what line of stock you really like and even find a mentor to help you along.
I hope you find what you're looking for.
Best wishes!

This parent stock will Not help you in making good hybreds. All show line stock which you will get from Parenet club like the links listed are show lines which are bred not to lay that well so they can show longer.

The parent stock that made hybreds is a company secret and not sold.

Quote:
I guess I'm not reading enough into this? What type of parent stock are you after? Are you after exhibition birds, layer birds, broiler birds? Narrowing down the "parent stock" phrase will help us find out exactly what you're after?

layer birds, i know its a secret, thats why im asking if there is any possible way to get close to the parent stock purebred RiR, BR, and Leghorn layer birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom