The chicken nurd

Songster
Apr 4, 2021
I have 4 hens who I’ve been treating for lice we sprayed with permectrin a little over a week ago and today I noticed that 4 of the 5 hens we treated have yellow gunk around there vent and under wings (where we sprayed permectrin) along with poop stuck to there vent 3 of the 4 are acting somewhat lethargic and stayed on the floor of the run last few nights rather then going into the coop
Also those 3 are all missing the feathers on there head and have purplish or pale comb and wattles
I believe there also molting

Haven’t wormed
I feed them all flock feed and supplement with oyster shell and house scrapes plus they free range so whatever they find in the yard

Attachments

• IMG_7550.jpeg
    IMG_7550.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7549.jpeg
    IMG_7549.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7547.jpeg
    IMG_7547.jpeg
    570.9 KB · Views: 22
Sorry for your loss. Have they been eating and drinking? What do their poops look like? Are they overcrowded and pecking each other? The yellow in the one picture may be fat, hard to know. Maybe more pictures in focus might help. What state are you in? The state vet can perform a necropsy to look for a cause of death if you keep the body cold, and take it in tomorrow. Here is a list of most state vets to contact:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Sorry for your loss. Have they been eating and drinking? What do their poops look like? Are they overcrowded and pecking each other? The yellow in the one picture may be fat, hard to know. Maybe more pictures in focus might help. What state are you in? The state vet can perform a necropsy to look for a cause of death if you keep the body cold, and take it in tomorrow. Here is a list of most state vets to contact:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html
Thanks for the reply
I had 5 Bantam hens in a coop built for 6 standard chickens so plenty of space (can’t remember the measurements)
There’s so picking as far as I can tell just feather loss from molting the 2 hens that looked the worse I moved in the house there acting a little slower then usual but otherwise fine the 2 that are still outside are acting normal everyone’s eating and drinking

Attachments

• IMG_7565.jpeg
    IMG_7565.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7568.jpeg
    IMG_7568.jpeg
    572.8 KB · Views: 21
Here’s a slightly better picture of the area under one of there wings

Attachments

• IMG_7570.jpeg
    IMG_7570.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 22