HELP!!!

karissapaul

Chirping
May 23, 2018
In my area we have a lot of bears and some wolfs. Other that that there is hawks and no other things that would eat them. When I get chickens will these be a problem???

If you live somewhere with bears and wolves, there must also be foxes, skunks, raccoons and possums (unless maybe you live in Alaska)? These are all threats to your chickens as well. If you’re going to grow attached to your birds and are not willing to lose some, definitely don’t free range. If you do free range, I would get a rooster or 2 because the guard the flock and will offer their lives for the hens but it’s not a 100% sure thing. Chickens will always attract predation of some sort, unfortunately.

:welcome We don’t have wolves but we do have coyote and bears mine live behind no climb horse fence and are I are in secure house at night. So far neither of those predators have been a problem . What state or country are you in? We have a forum where you can talk to members who live where you are and can tell you what’s worked and what hasn’t for them​

IDK if an electric fence would repel a bear, or just make it mad. I had a possum attack my wire, when I found him, still biting the wire, there was grease running 4-5 feet, the dogs enjoyed the possum sausage.

Back
Top Bottom