Help

Maggiepower

Hatching
Jan 16, 2021
We think one of our chickens is killing off our flock. We have buried three chickens in the last week and have another that is injured. I am attaching a picture. The other chicken has totally pecked her backside and she has no feathers. Her eye area looks slightly messed up too. I have sprayed with a chicken antibacterial wound spray. I don’t want to loose another chicken. Do you think she will survive? We have her in the garage under a heat lamp (it’s cold here in Georgia) I have given her water with hydro hen (with a medicine dropper). Just wanted to see if y’all had any other suggestions so that we don’t loose a fourth chicken!
C7643831-29D7-432C-9516-3CC6EA2A12B4.jpeg

She should survive the wounds. Some Vetericyn Hydrogel spray would be good to use on the wound. How does her eye look? Is the eye intact? Cannyou separate the other hen who you think is hurting the others? Have you seen her doing this? Just asking because a hawk or predator, or a rooster might be hurting hens. When there is red skin or blood, any chicken will peck at it, making it worse.

How much room do you have for how many chickens? What are you feeding? Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom